Crash Replacement, Terms, Conditions, Disclaimer
- Below are our terms and conditions and disclaimer. Your purchase of our products includes your acceptance of all these details.
- In addition to the warranty / guarantee in relation to manufacturing and workmanship, we operate an Accident / Crash Replacement Policy as set out at point 3 below. This applies for life, no time limits. Full details are below: this Accident / Crash Replacement Policy requires that you register for the Crash Replacement policy with Sixth Element within seven days of your purchase, who-ever that purchase is from, including paying the £29 registration fee. For a temporary, limited period (which expires on 31 August 2018) past customers of Sixth Element may also register for the Crash Replacement scheme in respect of their existing wheels.
Sixth Element offer a complete, no quibble, lifetime warranty and crash replacement service.
If you break your wheel rim we will replace it, or repair the wheel if the damage is to the hub and / or spokes.
To be eligible for this service you must register with us within seven days of your wheel purchase. There is an on-line form for doing this which must be completed. There is a one-off £29 registration fee to cover our administration costs, payable at the time of registration. For the registration to be complete this fee must be paid.
There is then no cost to the replacement / repair service. This service exists for life.
This comprehensive cover can be transferred to a new owner of your wheels if you sell them to a new owner. As with the original purchase, in order to be covered the new owner must register with us, using the on line form and paying the registration fee, within seven days of acquiring the wheels. Proof of the purchase of the wheels (in the form of an email from the original owner confirming the sale) must be provided to us at the time of the registration.
Then in the event that you / the owner suffer a breakage please follow the following procedure:
i. Email us email@example.com
ii. Quote your name, address, telephone no and details of your wheel and the date of your crash replacement registration with us
iii. Attach at least two photos of the damage
iv. We will then contact you to provide a return reference (which must then always be quoted) and to arrange return of the damaged wheel to us for replacement (or repair if applicable): our address is 14 Church Road, Urmston, Manchester M41 9BU, U.K..
v. As long as you are registered with us there will be no charge for the replacement / repair. Postage to us is the owner's responsibility. Return postage cost from us is identical to purchase of new wheels from us (that is, free within U.K. and mainland Europe).
There is an exception to the Warranty and Crash Replacement policy if we suspect that the damage is/was malicious and deliberate. The decision on this is at our sole discretion.
Normal wear and tear, including to the bearings, is excluded (wear and tear is obviously not a warranty failure, nor is it crash damage).
- In the event that you break one of our wheels in circumstances outside the limits of our warranty / guarantee and having not registered with us then you can obtain a replacement rim for £295 including UK VAT. At our absolute discretion, we will re-build the wheel for you, charging for any parts required on a 'cost' basis (60p per spoke for our standard double butted spokes).
- Wheels/rims with custom / specially ordered colour decals (i.e. all decal colours other than the Sixth Element green, white and black decals that are illustrated on this site): these are Special Order items and take 4 to 6 weeks to be delivered (occasionally this timescale can be longer). Such custom / special order rims are manufactured individually and are non refundable; such orders cannot be cancelled once payment has been made.
- The costs and responsibility for the safe return of any of our products, whether damaged or otherwise, remains the responsibility of you the purchaser at all times.
- All the content appearing on this site is the property of Monsun Limited (trading as Sixth Element). All rights reserved. If you copy any of this site’s content (or any portion thereof) you must include specific acknowledgement that it is the property of Monsun Limited / Sixth Element on all copy(ies).
- All brand, product, service, and process names appearing on this site are trademarks of their respective holders. Reference to or use of a product, service, or process does not imply recommendation, approval, affiliation, or sponsorship of that product, service, or process by Monsun Limited. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any license or right under any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of Monsun Limited or any third party, except as expressly granted herein.
- This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Although we do our best to avoid errors or mistakes information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. Monsun Limited and its trading entities / subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders at its absolute discretion, including, without limitation.
- Postage and import / shipping duties, charges and laws are different in different countries. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office and/ or relevant Government Department / Office to verify whether the destination of the goods that you are purchasing/ sendingpermits the shipment of your products. We are not responsible for any damages, including whether direct, indirect, or consequential that arise from improper shipping practices.
- Our rims can be set up tubeless (that's how we run them) although they can also be used with a traditional tube after the removal of the tubeless valve that we supply. Tubeless set up requires the use of a specific tubeless valve and adhesive rim tape with tubeless sealant. This installation process should be undertaken by a suitably qualified /experienced person. If in doubt do not ride the bike until you’ve had it checked by a professional. Always act on the side of caution - if you are in doubt as to your set up, whether new of existing, have it checked by a professional.
- Be aware that your set up may void some manufacturers’ warranties on their products. Only use tubeless ready products that are designed for this purpose.
- We are not responsible for any wear and tear damage to the wheels or rims, or any damage to your own goods / products whether sold by us or others and/or any injury to person or persons or liability resulting from the use of products sold by Monsun Limited / Sixth Element.
- Other than custom / special order items (see above) and Clearance items, we accept returns of new, unused, unfitted products that you’ve brought from us so long as all products and packaging are received back by us within 30 days of the original purchase date. Please contact us if you wish to return an item and we will provide the return address and a returns reference number that you will need to quote back to us. The costs and responsibility for the safe return of any of our products remains the responsibility of you the purchaser at all times.
- Force Majeure: In the event that Monsun Limited / Sixth Element is prevented from carrying out its obligations under a contract for sale as a result of any cause beyond its control such as but not limited to Acts of God, War, Strikes, Lock-outs, Flood and Failure of third parties to deliver goods, the Seller shall be relieved of its obligations and liabilities under such contract for sale for as long as such fulfilment is prevented.